Why do people take multivitamins?
It is no secret and rather a well-known fact nowadays that stress, leading fast-paced lives and having unbalanced diets affect our health in more ways than we wish to admit.
It is also common knowledge that maintaining a balanced healthy diet (processed foods can make up 70 percent of our diet), keeping an exercise routine and leading as much as possible stress-free lives all take a great deal of effort.
Not everyone can maintain their wellness all the time by eating a balanced diet, getting the right amount of exercise and reducing stress. Our body needs nutrients and vitamins to function properly and to support our overall health. Food supplements such as multivitamins, which are rich in vitamins and minerals, aid in our wellness. Multivitamins may help us to increase our natural immunity, fight against viruses and help us maintain good health.
To make up for any nutritional gaps and maintain our wellbeing, most of us take a once-a-day multivitamin.
Benefits of taking one multivitamin a day
- Boosts immunity: Vitamin E, Zinc, Coenzyme Q10, and Selenium boost immunity and protect the body’s cells, while Vitamin A boosts immunity.
- Increases energy levels: Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) regulates the release of energy from protein, fat, and carbohydrate. Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) assists in energy production and a healthy digestive system function. Vitamin B3 (Niacin) helps the body convert fats and carbohydrates into energy that the body can use. Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid) helps the body convert fats and carbohydrates into energy that the body can use, while Vitamin B12 enhances energy and vitality.
- Maintains healthy skin, hair, and nails: Vitamin B-Complex enhances the health of skin, hair, and nails. Vitamin B3 (Niacin) assists in the maintenance of healthy hair and skin. Vitamin A promotes healthy skin. Vitamin B7 (Biotin) promotes the growth of healthy hair, nails, and skin.
- Reduces stress: Vitamin B-Complex eases stress and chronic fatigue symptoms, while Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) regulates mood and stress responses as it is connected to chemicals like serotonin and norepinephrine.
- Maintains muscles health: Calcium and Phosphor assist in muscle contractions, while Magnesium, Potassium, and Copper prevent muscular cramps and maintain muscle and nerve function. Iron helps move oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body and helps muscles store and use oxygen. B-complex promotes muscle tone and strength B3 does not only help with muscle growth but with muscle repair as well.
- Improves Brain Function: Vitamin B-Complex supports healthy brain and nerves.
- Aids in Bone Health: Calcium, Phosphor, Magnesium, Potassium, Copper, Vitamin C maintain strong bones. Manganese contributes to the building and maintenance of normal bones, while Vitamin A promotes tissue and bone repair. Vitamin K1 plays a role bone metabolism as Vitamin D3 aids in calcium absorption for the normal growth and development of bones.
A multivitamin may be beneficial as nutritional insurance. Take 1 tablet a day of VitaCed Complete A-Z (with Lutein & COQ10) with water, preferably during meals, or as recommended by the healthcare provider to boost your immunity and energy levels, and relieve stress.